Sous Vide Chicken Parmesan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup prepared tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cups all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp of Italian herbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Italian herbs
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Set sous vide machine to 65.5C/150F.
Season chicken breasts with salt to taste. Place chicken in freezer bag and remove the air through a vacuum sealer or the displacement method. Drop the bag in the bath for an hour.
Remove bag from bath. Take chicken out of the bag, pat dry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dredge each breast in the flour and tap off excess, then dip in the egg and let excess drip off. Last, dredge both sides in the bread crumbs.
Add oil to large skillet and heat on high until almost smoking. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan.
Set oven to 350F. Place chicken on foil lined baking sheet, and top with tomato sauce and shaved parmesan. Bake chicken in oven until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with Italian parsley and grated parmesan, and enjoy!